Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Bill M. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:46:15 -0800
Well your in deep trouble. So far I have repaired five computers that
installed AOL 5.0 and only one out of the 5  was I able to fix without
reformatting the hard drive. Installing AOL 5 changes or removes over 240
system files. If you leave your computer on all the time as I do, you will
find that after awhile it will no longer wake up from sleep mode. Try going
to this link,  (See http://www.winmag.com/columns/explorer/2000/02.htm and
http://www.winmag.com/columns/explorer/2000/03.htm ) you may be able to find
a fix for your computer. If you haven't heard, there's a 8 Billion dollar
class action law suit against AOL for all the computers that they screwed
up.
I could probably make a living fixing all the computers AOL 5.0 trashed.
Best of luck

Bill M. Smith
Urbana, IL

Subject: [PCSOFT] AOL V 5.0

I've heard about the problems with AOL V 5.0 and the possibility that it
blocks other ISP's.

A friend tried to install Netzero (Free ISP) software on a computer this
weekend. He had just loaded the free trial version of AOL 5.x (whatever
version they are sending out now) prior to the Netzero install.  The AOL
dialed out ok.

When he tried to dial out using Netzero, he got the message "No dial tone,
no modem detected" error message.  He checked the DUN settings for Netzero
under properties and found that the modem type and port were the same as
for AOL and were correct. Un-installing and re-installing Netzero didn't
help.

Has anyone else seen this type of a problem and specifically could it be
related to the (alleged) AOL problem?

TIA

Doug

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: