Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:43:50 -0800
If your ISP does not have a limit on file size in Emails and both
machines can be connected (does not have to be at the same time), send
the file to yourself as an Email attachment.

If you do not mind going into the cases, you could connect a data cable
from the drive with the file to the computer with XP and it will become
the D drive (set it temporarily as a slave). You do not have to
physically remove the drive and the 95 machine can supply the power to
the drive. Transfer the file, change the drive back to master, and
reinstall the data cable in the 95 machine.

I seem to remember that you could copy a large file to several floppies
and it will just ask for disk 2, 3, etc. . That was using DOS, and I'm
not sure how 95 would handle it.

Just a couple of ideas. I hope I've helped.

Tom Mayer

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Folks,
> I've got a problem which I never seen discussed here so....
> I have a XLS file, slightly over 2 Mbytes in size, on an old Windows-95 machine that I want to transfer to this machine running Windows-XP Pro.  The problem is that the W-95 machine has only a single floppy drive, and no USB ports, whereas this machine has no floppy drive, but does have USB ports.  Does anyone know if (or how) I can break the larger file into two parts so that each part will fit onto a floppy - then I can go to a third machine which has both a floppy drive and USB ports.  There I could then put the two sections back together (is that possible-?), transfer that larger file to a flash drive and then load it onto this machine using the USB ports.
> Is this doable or not?
> Lewis Emerson

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml