Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Eddie Apostol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 07:15:17 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Re: Fw: 1. Modem not detecting correctly. 2. PCI Bridge adapter not
detecting correctly

>>Another device, known as the PCI bridge, is also detected as an unknown
>>device...But I don't know where to locate the driver for this "PCI
>>Bridge" whatever it is...
>
>Your Pentium II motherboard likely uses the 440FX or 440LX Intel chipset.
These chipsets contain the 82371AB PIIX4 chip. This multifunction chip
implements the PCI-to-ISA bridge, PCI IDE functionality, Universal Serial
Bus (USB) host/hub function, and enhanced power management.

>From <http://developer.intel.com/design/pcisets/inf_update.htm>
>"The Intel 82371xB INF Update Installer was developed for updating several
Windows 95 INF files so that the Intel 82371SB and 82371AB components can be
recognized or configured properly in the system. If you are unsure if your
system contains these particular components, contact your system
manufacturer."

Yes I specified for him to get the LX chipset, so its great you found the
install file!

>I'm not familiar with the modem about which you asked. Maybe it mimics
>a USR Winmodem.

I believe it is actually a K56 flexmodem, but if anybody can confirm this
brand of K56flex modem, please let me know!

The modem type reads:
56000 D F TAM FDSP DSVD WinModem

regards,

Eddie Apostol
multimedia applications designer and instructor

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]