Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
William Closure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 13:40:26 EST
In a message dated 3/9/01 9:05:00 PM Pacific Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> I now have WindowsME on a new computer.  When I am in AOL(version 6.0) and
> click on File, then Open, it tries to open my A drive looking for a floppy.
> I have to click on Cancel in order for it to give me other options.  Never
> had this problem before.  Is there a solution for changing this?  On my
> other
> computers, when I click on File then Open, it automatically opens my
> download
> folder in C drive.  Never have any of them tried to open my A drive, looking
> for a floppy.  Would sure like to change this, if it is possible.  I figured
> if anyone knew the solution, someone in this group would.  Also could anyone
> suggest a good "dummies" type book to learn about WindowsME?  Thanks so much
> in advance for your help.

2 suggestions from an amateur.

Go to the top toolbar in AOL, choose Settings/Preferences/Download
At bottom of download preferences screen, it says:  Put files I download in
the following directory.  My default, from when I loaded 6.0, is:
C:\America Online 6.0\download

If changing that doesn't help, perhaps this was set on the A: drive by you
downloading or opening a file on the A: drive.  That would be consistent with
most other programs where you end up at the same file/drive as you last went
to.  Would it help if you opened/downloaded a file to the AOL6.0\download
directory?

HTH

William Closure

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: