Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jack R Payton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:21:43 -0500
Richard

Cleaning up old msgs and found yours unread. It's been a while, but seems
to me we got our Win98SE from the Microsoft website for a reasonable
price ($15 to $25?), and had them ship a CD. As to the upgrade of "full"
version, the only real difference (with some exceptions) is the product
ID number. Upgrade ID numbers trigger the install program to look for
evidence of ownership of former version of WIN98 before auth install.

Come to think of it, you may have to install WIN98SE over the original
version - unless there's an OEM version which installs "clean" - unlike
Win98 upgrade version which you could first create a Win98 bootup disk,
then install Win98 "clean." Check the readme file(s) on the Win98SE CD.

Above is from memory, as we've traversed the Windows path from 3.0 all
the way and often had to reinstall a few times over the years. (Now using
WinME and llike it better than Win98SE, though I wouldn't recommend going
WinME if you're contemplating the WinXP this fall. It should be an
improvement, even MS critics agree.

Hope this sheds a little light, but check to make sure.

jack payton

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml