Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:02:30 -0700
You probably have a voice WnModem...perhaps an Action Tech ?
A winmodem uses your computers CPU rather then it's own processor. Most
hardware voice modems that have their own processors provide a Jack for a
microphone and speaker and can work without a sound card installed.

However winmodems depend on the computers CPU and the sound card for their
voice features. They have a chip on them that support the  conversion but
the quality of the sound is highly dependent on the quality of the sound
card. They also work best with the answering machine / phone software that
comes with the modem because the software has been optimized to work with
the modem hardware and driver.

For such a modem you would use the microphone and speaker jacks that are on
your sound card.

Mark Rode

>On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 13:55:14 -0300 Gary Burke <[log in to unmask]>
>writes:
> > Hi: I tried a speakerphone program and also had the problem of no
> > sound heard at the other end.The problem was fixed when I plugged
> > the mic into the modem card instead of the sound card.
> > Gary Burke
>
>Although I have a voice modem, there is no mic receptacle on modem. Is
>the mic connection peculiar to a particular type of modem, external,
>hardware?
>
>Demetri Kolokotronis

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html