Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
CoCo Miyoko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:39:30 -0500
Date:    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:41:13 +0100
> > From:    Tony Beckett < [log in to unmask]>
> > Subject: Using images in spreadsheets
>

> Hi Tony,
>
> Thank you for your detailed response.  I am sorry to have taken so long to
respond.  I have been submitting my response in the wrong manner without
> knowing it.  I'm new at this.
>
> Carmen asked:-
> >
> > > What is the difference between Microsoft excel and
> > > Microsoft access?  I
> > > won't have any numerical formulas in my spreadsheet. Will
> > > this make a
> > > difference in which of the two spreadsheet programs I
> > > pick?
> >
> > I would describe Access as a database program and Excel as
> > a spreadsheet.
> >
> > The biggest difference is the way in which Access can
> > "query" a number of "related" tables (or spreadsheets as
> > Carmen uses the term) and produce a consolidated answer on
> > a single page or in a single table.
> >
> > Access comes into its own when using large numbers of
> > records (tens of thousands). Pulling information together
> > from several different tables and presenting them in a pre-
> > planned way.
> >
> > > I am using Microsoft Access for a simple spreadsheet in
> > > order to catalog
> > > some items from my hobby collection.  One of the fields in
> > > my spreadsheet is
> > > for the image of the item
> >
> > Will you view the result as a page per item or will you see
> > a table containing descriptions and pictures in rows,
> > several rows to a screen?
>

> I didn't know I would have a choice.  I have set it up in several rows to
> screen.  Does Excel have a feature that allows you to go back and forth
> between how you view the spreadsheet?
>
> > I am going to have all the images that I am using in this
> > > spreadsheet in one
> > > folder.
> >
> > I believe Access will need the pictures to stay in a
> > particular place and will refer to them when you look at
> > your catalogue. (That needs to be confirmed by a regular
> > user of Access.)
> >
> > Excel will store the picture actually in the .xls file. So
> > once the pictures are in place the originals can be stored
> > elswhere or deleted.
>

> This is the type of feature I wanted.  Great.
>
> For small jobs I believe Excel is much easier to manage,
> > you have all your data accessible by just scrolling up and
> > down the sheet. The formatting of this data is easily
> > changed and from the Excel menu Data/Filter you have a way
> > of querying the data.
>
> Excel seems like a much better tool for my purposes.  Thank you for both
your insightful explanation and spreadsheet.  All your information in
addition to
> you  also creating my spreadsheet has been both extremely valued and very
generous.  Your spreadsheet really speaks to the benefits of using this type

> program for  cataloging collections.   It's  an incredible spreadsheet!  I
can't say enough good things about it.

> I appreciate it,
> Carmen Anderson

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: