Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Pinter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:03:23 -0500
The Norton "removal tool" can be found at www.symantec.com/nrt.  It's a
762KB  .exe file you download to your PC and execute locally.

In attempting to deal with a file access denial I suspected was being caused
by Norton Internet Security, a Symantec phone support agent provided
(without directly acknowledging the problem was Norton's) the link to an
upgrade Version (10.2.0.30) - one that's apparently not yet generally
available.  It supposedly uninstalled the earlier version but in the process
left a trace in the registry that effectively rescinded my one year license.
A second agent provided the removal tool link, but I found that it failed to
clean the registry -- I ended up doing that manually, and VERY carefully,
but managed to reinstate my license.

The "removal tool" should at least stop the "SymWSC.exe..." error message
from repeating.  It's uncertain whether you'll see any other Symantec/Norton
related funnies later.  Can't say I'm a Norton fan; I definitely stay away
from McAfee.  AVAST looks like a very attractive alternative.

J. Pinter
------------------------------
Date:    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:34:13 -0500
From:    Dollie Scercy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Norton problems

I have tried to uninstall Norton Anti-Virus and Firewall but now I am get=

ting an error message that will not go away.  I click ok and then later i=

t pops up again.  The message is=20

"SymWSC.exe - Unable to Locate Component.  This application has failed to=

 start because cc.Trust.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application=

 may fix the problem."=20=20

I don't want to reinstall, I want it gone.  LOL.=20

Have I done something wrong?

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml