Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:45:50 -0500
'Morning Ann,

Basically, yes. But not in a "used" state. When I sell or donate a computer,
the first thing I do is completely erase the hard drive. I then format it
and reinstall / restore the software that was originally installed at the
factory. When it leaves my possession, it's packaged and in the same state
as it was when I received it. Exceptions might be if the person wanted an
upgraded operating system, additional hardware / software, or otherwise
customized in some way.

On the other hand, when I'm working with a hard drive that I will continue
to use, as in Alan's situation, it's not necessary (for me) to take extra
precaution to insure no old data is recoverable before I install an
operating system on it.

Sven Swanson, Sr.

----- Original Message -----
From: "a fennell" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] FORMATING [ erasing ]

Shouldn't the operating system and software that came with PC stay on the
drive?  Also any CDs that came with it.  This stuff was paid for when you
purchased the computer.  You will get new operating system and stuff when
you get the new computer.  I would certainly leave the paid for operating
system at least - especially if donating it to a charity.  Ann Fennell