Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:20:02 +1000
Dianne writes:

<<I just upgraded from Win98se.
I have 320MB of ram and a 40GB Hard drive with 14GB used and am running a
AMD 400 MHz.  I already went into MSconfig and unchecked some stuff.>>

First, why would you want to move from W98Se to ME?  ME is generally
reckoned to be the worst ever OS.

If you "upgraded" (many might argue "downgrade" I think) to fix OS
problems, that usually is NOT a good reason, in fact it often makes things
worse. Did you do a complete reformat first?
If not, you may be inheriting old problems.

<<am having resource problems>>

Please be more specific.

With those specifications, you should not be having any "resource"
problems. You have a surfeit of RAM--the system should really fly. Enough
RAM there to run ME twice over!

<<I'm using MaxMem.  Does that really work or just use up resources?>>

More likely the latter. But not enough to worry about in your case.

"Memory Managers" really don't make much, if any, real-world difference and
are not necessary.  I use Rampage, only because it uses no resources, but
honestly can't say it ever makes any difference to anything, though its
figures look mighty impressive.  I don't regard any of them as more than
cosmetic.

If you are getting freezes or whatever, look elsewhere. But we'll need a
lot more info and background.

Don Penlington

Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml