Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
George&Mary Skokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 06:40:45 -0700
--
Date:    Sun, 27 Jul 2003 08:57:37 -0700
From:    Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Quicken 2003

This is for the Quicken experts on the list. I had been an MS Money user for
a long time, but Quicken is relatively new to me. My impression is that MS
Money 2003 is a much better program than Quicken 2003, but it lacks a very
important feature. Strangely, in Money, you cannot change the display font!
So we are going with Quicken at this time.
Anyway, among my problems with Quicken is that when you select to use the
next check number in making an entry, Quicken seems to generate the next
number after the last entry you made rather than the next highest numberof
all number in the register. In our case, we made a correction to a register
entry to fix the check number. When we tried to enter the next transaction,
Quicken gave us the wrong "next number" for the check. Worse yet, Quicken
allowed the now duplicate number to be entered. Am I missing some setting in
Quicken, or is it really that infuriatingly dumb?
Sorry for my Quicken bashing tone, but the programmers at Intuit did an
astoundingly poor job of user interface design on this program. Although
Money has a lot of faults of its own, it has a better, logical, and
forgiving design than Quicken.
----------------------------

We had that problem at one time, and I think what made it go away was a
reconcile and a lot of gnashing of teeth.(Happened quite a while ago) We
have been using Quicken for a lot of years, and I think the interface has
gotten worse and the program has become more bloated maybe in keeping with
the Fisher Price interface.  Don't know if it has anything to do with the
online portion or what, but I agree they could work on the GUI, program
options(settings) and help files.  They used to have a good searchable "FAQ,
etc", but that has even become more difficult to glean info from.  Might
switch to MS Money except for the fact that I don't want to encourage them
to take over another area (Just kidding....I'm too old to learn another
program).

George&Mary Skokan ([log in to unmask])

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml