Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tina Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 03:29:25 -0600
I had recently switched to Thunderbird by someone else's recommendation.
Within the last week I also had problems.  The inbox would not pull in new
mail or even let me see the few emails I had in the inbox.  I could go to
other folders and look at them but not in the inbox.  This was the only
other email program I have ever used.  Like you I went back to Outlook
Express.  The firefox website said it was some kind of bug that if you
looked at and deleted the first few emails on your mail server you should
then be able to download your email.  Didn't work.  I even completely
emptied the server inbox.  New mailings still wouldn't download.  I gave up
too.

Tina

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anne Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:08 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] re email problems

Hi all,

I run Win98SE on my computer.

Until last week, I was happily using Thunderbird as my email client.

Suddenly, Thunderbird is taking a long time to open.

The Inbox which contains around 310 emails (I manually counted them) shows a
count of 62,235 and rises as it refreshes itself or whatever, and I cannot
download new emails automatically or by clicking on the get mail icon. Even
File- Get New Messages For- Get All New Messages does not work. The Inbox
email count seems to climb every time I go from Inbox to Trash and back.

Deleting emails from the Inbox is a hit or miss affair. Sometimes hitting
the delete key will do it, sometimes clicking on the delete icon will work,
sometimes right clicking on the email concerned and then clicking on Delete
Message will work, sometimes not.

I have uninstalled the program, downloaded a new file from Mozilla and
reinstalled and the same thing is happening.

I then gave up and tried Opera.

When installing Opera, it asked if I wanted to import the inbox from
Thunderbird. I said yes, and 300 odd emails came across. Now the count is up
to 4307, the oldest dating from the 9th of September. The oldest message in
Thunderbird was October. The earlier ones were those that had been deleted
weeks before!

I am now back to using Outlook Express..sigh..

I have run Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition  8 -  Virus definition file
10/26/05 rev 7., SpyBot Search and Destroy and Adaware and nothing untoward
was found.

All suggestions will be greatfully received. I feel exposed when I use
Outlook Express.

Anne Smith

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml