Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Brown, Douglas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:45:35 -0400
Hello,

I can answer Question 1 and partially answer question 2 and 3.

#1..How do I remove Icons from the Desktop

Most icons can be deleted without any problem.  The standard icons like
Exchange, Network Neighborhood and My Computer are more difficult.  The
hard way is to edit the registry and you can find info about that at
ZDNET (www.zdnet.com).  The easy way is to download a free tool from
Microsoft called TWEAKUI.  This little utility can do wonders.
Try http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/default.asp and move down
until you see Power toys

#2 How do I change and enlarge  fonts on the Desktop

If you want to use "Large Fonts", then you need to right-click on a
blank spot on your desktop (click on the desktop with the right mouse
button) and select properties.  Then select the Settings tab.  Somewhere
near the bottom of the window you will see Font Size.  Select Large
Fonts.

Otherwise I can't remember how to change the style of the fonts (he says
sheepishly)

#3..once you installed software and later decide to delete this
software, how do you go in to Registry to clean it up

I don't recommend you play around with the registry unless you are
absolutely sure you know what you are doing.  Microsoft's built-in
uninstall utility does an adequate job at cleaning up the registry when
you uninstall.  If you want a thorough clean-up of the registry when you
uninstall I recommend you get an uninstall utility like QuarterDeck
Cleansweep.  These programs monitor the install and remove every last
trace of the software when you remove it.  Some even restore files that
were overwritten during the installation.

If you absolutely HAVE to edit the Registry I could send you a little
page I wrote with a summary on how to do it although I am sure there are
a lot better instructions out there.  Maybe someone else will have a
suggestion.

                                                douglas

Douglas Brown
PC Support