From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 01:50:47 -0700
> I have a Soyo socket 370 MB 7WI/L or something like this, can't
> remember,
> but I would like to install a celeron 300a slot 1 cpu I have on hand
> in it.
> Is there an adaptor made to do this?  I know there is the 370 to slot
> 1
> adaptor, could one merely turn this one around?  Also, anyone know if
> the
> celeron 500 and 533 are basically the same chips? - some MBs specify
> celerons up to 500, and was wondering if the 533 wouldn't work also
> as well.

Hi,
I'm not an expert on slotckets, but I do know you
can not reverse the slot1 - 370 because of its physical
design prohibits it.
And yes the 500 & 533 Celeron have the same core voltage,
stepping, cpu id, & form factor alog with temp & very
similar power consumption. I have other info that suggests
the 533 is in fact a 500 at the core.
However, if you do decide to try this, be sure your motherboard's
auto voltage (if any) is bypassed for manual jumpering. Running a
cpu at its incorrect speed could cause VIM(auto voltage regulator)
to incorrectly set the voltage.
-yui

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html