From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:50:21 -0400
If you connected it and jumpered it as a slave drive it shouldn't be the boot drive, the master would be the boot drive.  If you set it as a slave, and the drive with your XP OS on it as master with a slave, it should boot to the XP drive.  Did you check your BIOS for the boot order? You should be able to copy the info off the slave drive if it is set up right.  If you have eliminated the above issues and it still doesn't work, then yes it is possible the drive is on its way out.

Peter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>When you connected the slave drive, did you change the jumpers on the boot
>drive to indicate that a slave was present? Some drives require this.
>
>Peter

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.