From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 19:16:58 +1100
My suggest is DO NOT use any internal modem unless you have to (eg. you
are using a 486 which doesn't support fast COM port). Our computer shop
used to use internal modem because the low price, but we stopped using
'em any more. Those internal modems only gave us great difficulty to
config and usually cause system problem. I was just trying to config a
internal fax modem which is used on our internal (P-to-P) network to
receive fax (we made changes to whole network so everything need to
re-do), I tried so hard (disable onboard com port, manual set each port,
reinstall driver ...) without any success, the best thing I've even done
is to stop the modem crash whole system.

So just get a external modem, they seem like few $ expansive, but they
worst it.

Cliff Mark wrote:

> I've noticed that both PCI and ISA modems are available.
> Are there any particular advantages or disadvantages to either bus?
>
> Thanks
>
> Cliff J Mark
>
>                          PCBUILD's List Owner's:
>                       Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>