From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:21:09 -0600
Tal:

For what it's worth, I watch G4 Tech TV, specifically, "Call For Help" as
time permits. They did a study on all of the most popular spy ware and ad
ware killers available, including the ones that you pay for. The results
were quite astonishing. It seems the "paid for" ones were no better than the
free ones and no one gets them all. I personally use a combination of
AdAware SE, Spybot S&D, Spyware Blaster, and PanicWare's Popup Stopper and
have had extremely good results. These are, of course, all freeware and
easily obtainable by Googling those names. All of the updates are manual
unless you pay for a license, but as often as I am stuck in front of the
box; it's a small price to pay for the security. There is inevitably some
degree of junk that even these programs miss, but nothing seems to be
slowing down my system.

HTH

Dean Kiley

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: