Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:28:54 -0600
Before going too far toward believing that the problem is in the hard
drive, as your new thread suggests, go back to basics.
It's possible you knocked some connectors loose when you were in the case
moving aux fan connector around. Reseat all connections.

It's possible that you have overloaded the power supply if the aux fan is
a new addition, and a weak voltage is being delivered to the hard drive.
   Unplug the aux fan and see if that fixes it.

It's possible that you damaged the motherboard or power supply. Maybe a
blown fuse in the PS. You might need a higher wattage PS.

If you have access to another computer, you can set your "faulty" hard
drive as slave and add it into other computer. See if other computer
recognizes the drive and if your data is still there.
Try a spare hard drive in the problem computer, if you have one.

>From your description of what happened, I doubt that you damaged the
hard drive. It could be a strange coincidence that the drive failed at
that moment, but not likely.
Larry Hooper

"Ryel, Raymond L NWP" wrote:
> I did a bad bad thing; and I'm not even sure what it was. When I rebooted my
> P3 450 with SOYO SB III MB it said "insert system disc" so I booted off the
> disc and it said "C: has no FAT32" . The only thing I did that I can think
> of was mistakenly plugging my aux. case fan into the SB pins instead of the
> fan header. I corrected that mistake but then this happens. Too weird. Any
> ideas to point me in the direction of recovering the hard disc?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com