From:
"Ryan E. Schutte" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 22:24:46 -0600
I have found out that the hard drive most likely is not the problem.  I got
a new hard drive in yesterday, and when I hooked it up, it could not be set
up either on this computer.  It did work on another computer though.

Every time I tried to use Western Digital's Disk to set up the drive, it
would go through everything to the end, then say it was unable to find the
partition table on the drive.  If I tried to just use fdisk from a win98
boot disk, it would act like it did everything fine, but when you go back
in to fdisk..... it hadn't created a partition.  The only thing I can think
of right now, is that the new motherboard is bad.  I am getting that
replaced to see if that is the problem, but if you have any other ideas,
let me know.

>At 09:53 AM 12/3/00 -0600, you wrote:
>>I am switching a hard drive from one computer to another. The computer I'm
>>putting it in is a brand new motherboard, etc. but it acts as though the
>>hard drive hasn't been fdisked. I don't want to try fdisking it to see if
>>this allows it to work because I don't want to lose all the information on
>>the drive. I can hook it up to another computer as a secondary drive, and
>>it shows everything on the drive. It was working in the original computer
>>also, but it is now in a few pieces and I don't want to put it back
>>together just to see if it still works in it.
>
>--
>Ryan E. Schutte
>Owner - KawreS
>http://www.KawreS.com
>
>KawreS - The SuperStore for all your needs and prices that you will love!

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com