From:
Michael Gerke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 20:40:55 -0500
Today I installed an Xwave-128 ISA sound card, with a Yamaha S-YXG50
Software wavetable on my 486DX-100, running Windows 95, original build,
with 20MB of RAM.

The box said System Requirements were a 486 PC (Pentium MMX recommended)

My problem is that when I enable the drivers for the software wavetable,
I receive the following error message upon reboot:
***************************
A  fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C007664B in VXD VTG (01) +
00358CF
***************************
I am able to get to the desktop only by control-alt-del to taskman and
then running control.exe to start my taskbar, etc. However I have no
sound support at all.
If I disable the wavetable driver and reboot, the system restarts
normally, but I only have plain synthesizer sound.

Based on the error message about, can someone tell me if it's simply
because I'm trying to run this on an underpowered processor, or could it
be some kind of software/hardware conflict?

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Michael L. Gerke

*** Smashing forehead on keyboard to continue.....

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]