From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:18:31 -0800
  The firewall built into the router -- which may need to be explicitly
enabled! -- is to protect your LAN/WLAN from intruders on the Internet.
There's a set of additional steps you should take to keep nosy neighbors and
passing strangers from using your WLAN, and the router firewall won't really
help with that.

David Gillett

On 28 Dec 2004 at 21:08, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I just installed a LINKSYS WRT54G wireless router for my home.
>
> From the Linksys doc, it is not clear what, if anything, I should do
> regarding security.  Is the firewall it has built in, and my McAfee  firewall
> sufficient?
>
> Thanks,
> Ira Wallin

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: