From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:52:59 -0700
  The admins on our campus network tell me that the reason they don't allow
LimeWire is that they claim it's a known carrier of spyware and trojans.

  It occurs to me that we've seen a couple of trojans over the last year or
so that were engineered for a particular version of Windows, and sometimes
turned out to crash (but not infect) other versions of Windows.  That might
be what's happening to you.

  Are your OS updates current?  Antivirus and antispyware?  Firewall?
Unless you are very positive about all of these, I would not recommend
Limewire.

David Gillett

On 20 Sep 2005 at 13:44, Ryan Calderwood wrote:

> Hey, all. I use LimeWire as my media sharing client, and every once in
> a while, I'll be downloading something, it usually happens when I'm
> downloading a few files, my comp will just...crash and reset. I see a
> flash of a blue screen of death, but it doesnt stay there long enough
> to read. Any ideas? Thanks.
>
> Ryan Calderwood

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml