From:
Bob Armour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:35:58 +1200
Hi
I read this with great interest. I have just installed OEM XP sp1 on one
computer, then used Nortons Ghost to make a copy onto another HD which I
installed onto a second computer.

I have a second copy of XP and so removed the product key using regedit from
the copy. I was planning on putting in the product key of the second copy of
XP and then activating it.

Of course, when I checked the registry the product key was a number not the
original product key from the first HD so I am stuck. I have removed the
product key but don't know how to put in the second key!

I activated the first computer okay, then did he same straight afterwards
for the second. Both were accepted by MS!!!

Question, for the record how would you put in the new product key for the
second computer on the copied HD?

Thanks
bob