From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 15:05:22 -0500
> I have been used to run in DOS mode and win 3.1 but now I have a problem
> with my speed on EI and just about everything on my computer while in
> win95, I ran a diag and it said  wait staits may be wrong too low but in
> dos its great and real fast with 1 sim in the slot but gets slower when I
> add more, I run at 16 megs of memory now and about 100mhz cpu and I was
> wondering why it slows down in internernet explorer so much and why it
> take along time to load a page.

        I may not fully understand what your problem is. Which version of IE? I
know that with only 16MBs of ram IE version 4 and 5 IS painfully slow. I
recommend you upgrade the amount of ram in your computer, 24MB is bearable
but 32 is much better. It sounds like you are running a 486? If so win95 may
never be acceptable for you. I ran win95 on a 486 DX4/120 (overclocked) and
while it worked it was painful. TTYL