Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 10:53:11 +0200
Greetings and compliments of the season,

I think this is a hardware and software question, so I am posting to PCSOFT
as well.

I have given my son my old Compaq Contura 430CX laptop which is an Intel 486
with 8 meg ram running Windows for Workgroups V3.11 / DOS 6.22.

My question is this, as most software is on CD these days, and this machine
does not have a CD drive, how can I connect a CD drive to this machine. I
can't afford an external drive right now so I was hoping I can cable-link my
works laptop to this machine and install software this way. My works laptop
is a Compaq Presario 1920 PII running Windows 2000 Pro.

I know how to link two computers running Windows 2000 or 98 but not if one
is running Windows for Workgroups.

Your advice and suggestions will be most welcome,

Kind regards,

Errol Lishman

Johannesburg

South Africa