From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:27:51 -0600
At 03:08 PM 7/21/2010, you wrote:

>Don,
>
>This is a simple matter due to our Editorial contributor, Mystic OverClocker.  He
>maintains our Boot Disk download page with the best of boot applications that can solve
>nearly any problem.  Go to PCBUILD's website at http://www.freepctech.com.  Then, choose
>Downloads on the titlebar and then click on Boot Disks.  On this page you will find all
>of our best boot disks and I recommend you download Kaspersky Rescue Disk
>(2010).   Write this to a CD and then boot your PC with this disc.  It will read all
>files on your hard drive, removing all virii and malware in the operating system on the
>disk and not in Windows.  Therein you do not have Windows attempting to use an infected
>file and it can easily be removed by the boot disk.
>
>I also note that you were advised to upgrade to SP3.  If you are happy with SP2, and
>most people are...   the upgrade serves no value to you.  The few bugs it fix have
>nothing to do with protecting your system from idiots who build virii and malware,
>people who should be castrated in my opinion or worse.
>
>Have a good anti-virus program and anti-spyware/malware.  You should be more than
>safe.  We also have numerous such free programs on our website.  We also will be adding
>numerous such programs in the near future, as Mystic has promised to upload hundreds
>open hundreds of new programs to our website before labor day, (USA).
>
>Bob Wright
>Senior ListOwner PCBUILD - Senior Managing Partner - CEO
>The NoSpin Group, Inc. - a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation
>http://freepctech.com

Don,

I forgot to mention that if the anti-virus program removed key files to operate Windows,
you are going to need to fix it.  Easiest way is to boot from your Windows install
CD.  It will bring up a first screen that mentions the "Repair Console."  Choose to
continue installation.  You will then get a second window that offers to repair your
windows installation.  Choose this option.  It will not remove your control files and
only upgrades all your Windows files.  It should generate a working copy of Windows XP
that will be exactly like it was before the Anti-Virus disk removed the files Windows needs.

Sorry, I should have added this to the original post.

Bob Wright
Senior ListOwner PCBUILD - Senior Managing Partner - CEO
The NoSpin Group, Inc. - a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation
http://freepctech.com

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml