From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:19:00 -0600
At 10:05 AM 07/20/2000 , Ira Wallin wrote:
>Hi.. Can anyone receommend a scanner which is easy to use and produces reasonably good output?

The HP scanners are excellent products...  they produce clear
quality images, especially the flatbed models.  I have been using
a HP 4P scanner for many years now with no problems.  These
units are not the least expensive, but among the best in quality.

One excellent little economical system I have found is the Canon
Bubblejet printers with a scan cartridge.  We purchased one of these
for my sons.  You get a good quality little printer for the money and
by switching out the printer cartridge for the scanner cartridge, it
becomes a great little sheet fed scanner.  The whole package
printer and the IS-22 scanner cartridge cost less than $130...  and
if you look around there are rebate coupons available to lower that
price significantly.  (Canon has a $30 rebate coupon on the printer
on their web site).  The nice thing about these units is they take up
so little space, only one unit that does both jobs.

    Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html