From:
James Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 08:50:31 -0500
>I ordered 5 Boca PCI 56K V.90 modems recently...
>        Shouldn't a company like Boca have something identifying  their
>modems? Nowhere on the modem itself, does it say that it is a
>Boca, also, when the computer detects it, it does not identify it
>as a Boca modem. I'm using a Boca in my computer and it is
>properly identified.

Thats Boca for you, they are not worth it anymore, we used to use them for a
spell, no we use OEM USR 56k V.90's w/o voice, they only run us about $60
and they have jumpers on them so you don't have to run them in plug and pray
mode. Also Boca has horrible tech support, they put you on hold for ever,
and its just not worth it to RMA things thru them since thats the only way
to do it and then it isn't worth the time.

      ....James