From:
Ted Gamin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 08:30:39 -0800
--- Diana Benoit <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> We had the same problem with our lights dimming in
> the room where we had
> the computer.  But it was doing it in other rooms,
> too.  Had to get an
> electrician and a new panel box.  But, he did put in
> a new outlet and
> circuit breaker with more voltage for the computer
> and all the related
> appliances that go with it (printer, scanner, etc).
> Now, no more
> dimming lights.
>
> Diana
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just
> change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web
> site:

http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html
Dimming lights is a Very Dangerous sign. What is
happening is a potential Fire hazard. Overtaxing home
wireing with higher amps than it's rating turns the
wires into a "toaster" with the wires glowing enough
to set fire to the interior walls. Glad you called in
an Electrician !   TTYL..Ted