Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:07:51 -0800
venkat viswanathan wrote;
>i understand that there is a battery which powers the computer clock
>The only battery i find on both is the cmos one.
> shall appreciate any light shed on the subject

The CMOS (Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor) battery contains a small
amount of CMOS memory to hold the date, time, and system setup parameters.
The only time I'm concerned about this little critter is when the time and
or date starts to fall off. I don't think I would be too concerned
otherwise.

This should be the only battery on your board. In the old days, the battery
was a barrel shaped affair that you had to unsolder or find a retrofit for.
<smile>

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL