From:
MICKNMEGAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:47:24 +1200
Hi Demetri,

I'm no expert, and can't validate that these suggestions relate specifically
to your problem, but since you haven't had any joy otherwise, try them out.

1. If you have any firewall software installed (such as Zone Alarm), disable
it.

2. Double click my computer, right click the drive/s you want to share and
select properties, under the sharing tab, click the Shared As tab, and give
it a name, for access click the full button.

3. Make sure you are using the same Primary Network Login for both PC's?. I
suggest you use Client for Microsoft Networks (right click Network
Neighbourhood, select properties - to see which Login you are using)

4. If possible change the drivers to Real mode 16 Bit (NDIS). (Right click
Network Neighbourhood, select properties, select the Driver Type tab)

5. Under the Advanced tab, select Half Duplex mode if not already selected.

Regards,
Michael McNeil

Demetri Kolokotronis wrote - Whichever computer boots first shows both
computers in Network
Neighborhood, Win98. Other computer does not show either computer.
Whatever shows in Network Neighborhood, Computer A is successful pinging
Computer B, and Computer B is not successful pinging Computer A. Settings
are as above.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml