From:
Byron Wolter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 15:04:02 -0500
Back in 1995, HP made available a kit to clean the 500 series printers that were
having problems with paper feed.  I had them send me one, even though I wasn't
having problems.  But, after 4 years, I did.  So, I dug it out and it solved the
problem.  Try contacting HP to see if this item is still available.  It looks like
a slim brick that slips into the paper feed.

Byron Wolter

> I have a 7 years old HP deskjet 500 printer. It still works alright
> >untill past day. The paper feeder has lost its strength, so paper in
> >tray cannot reach the paper feed wheel, as a result,
> >  I ask here if anyone has an idea on how to fix the problem
> >all by myself without expensive parts (the printer doesn't worth too
> >much, so I perfer cheap solution on fix).
> >Jun Qian
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                      visit our download web page at:
>                      http://nospin.com/pc/files.html

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org