From:
"Joe Searfoss Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:57:08 -0400
You might want to try the following registry setting update from the
WinXP News Site. It fixed all my folder problems.

Joe

Fix for Folders Not "Sticking" Problem?

A number of WinXPnews readers wrote in with suggestions on how to fix
the Windows Explorer folder settings not sticking problem. One
suggestion that came up several times has to do with setting the
"BagMRU" value higher in the Registry. The default value allows Windows
to remember the settings for 400 folders. You can up this to 8000 and
(maybe) fix the problem. Try this:

   1. Download the following file from our site and save it to your
      desktop: http://www.winxpnews.com/misc/folderfix.reg
   2. Double click on the file to merge the information into your
      registry. You can also view the contents by right clicking and
      choosing "Edit".

Remember to always create a system restore point before making changes
to the Registry!

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com