From:
Kay F Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:46:47 -0500
I have a pentium 233 with MMX and a pentium II 266 with MMX.  the pntium has 10 and 2 GB hard drives.  The P II has a 5GB hardrive.  I do a lot of website work and alot of work with photos and art.  I also have a dragon Naturally speaking progran I will using frequently.  I just purchased a new 40GB Maxtor DiamnondMax
hard drive and also an extra 256MB memory stick. I'm also purchasing an external cd-rw. I currently have an Iomega 100MB external zip drive.  I am running windows 95 on the PII and win95 with a win(*SE upgrade on the Pentium.  I plan on upgrading the PII operating system to win 98SE also,

One of these systems will be used strictly for the internet, with only the opreating system MSN 8 and whatever software will be required with a cd-rw for dowloading, etc.

I am trying to decide which system will be best suit
ed for the internet and which will be best suited for my other work.  Other programs I will add to which ever one I choose for my work will also include Canon Creative, Ulead Photo Impact, Compudraw and a fractal program.

I definitely need the 40GB drive for these programs but I don't which system to put it in.  If I use the Pentium for the internet, then it's going to be eally slow as I only have dial-up, but is that going to be the best bet???  I know many web programs require at the least a PII and many won't work with less than a PIII now. I was also consdiering upgrading my Dragon program as well.

Can you advise me on the best thing to do now, short of buying a whole new system?

Thank you for your input.

Kay

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com