From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 19:18:57 -0700
I saw several responses that indicated there are adapters to convert a
ps/2 device to USB. I would question this. The devices that come with a
mouse or keyboard are a USB to ps/2 converter that allows a USB mouse to
plug into a ps/2 port. This is the opposite of what is being sought by
Roberto. Also, I suspect that these adaptors will work only with the
devices that they came with. I have seen mice that could plug into a
ps/2 port or through an adaptor to a serial port. However, the adaptor
would work only with those specific mice since they had the electronics
to support either serial or ps/2. I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

Peter
Peter Shkabara P.E. - Computer Science Instructor
Columbia College - 11600 Columbia College Drive - Sonora, CA 95370
(209) 588-5156 - [log in to unmask] - http://gocolumbia.org/pesh