Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 09:43:26 +0000
        Hi.
        Thanks for your response: it clarifies things. What happened is
that there is an unknown problem with the PBX, and I was manually dialling
continously through a Hayes command (ATDT...) the same number (which I
kenw was another modem). No problem bypassing the PBX and going direct.
        The modem was oficially bought in Spain to be used in Spain.

> >         Hi.
> >         I've had a problem with a Diamond 56K modem through a PBX. The
> > solution has been to bypass the PBX and go direct. However, in the
> > meanwhile, with the problems present, some diagnostic messages sent
> > by the modem have been:
> >         "DELAYED 00:40.00"
> >         "BLACKLISTED"
> >         Since the modem documentation is scarce, I'd appreciate if
> > someone knows the exact meaning of above messages (specially BLACKLISTED).
>
>         Where in the world did you buy that modem. Some countries require all
> automatic equipment to put a time interval in if you dial the same number,
> it prevents the torture created if I set my modem to call somebody's house
> continuously. There is officially no way to modify the modem to stop this,
> but what many people is slightly modify the number each time, by putting in
> a dash, adding an extra digit, that sort of thing. TTYL

Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]
  Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
  Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
  Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)