From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:17:27 -0700
I am planning a new system build and am (at least initially) attracted to
the motherboards from MSI and GigaByte with the indicated chipset. The
boards seem very feature rich and potentially fast, but a search of some of
the forums seems to indicate some problems (at least some vocal advocates of
problems). Does anyone have first hand experience with the MSI K7N2
Delta-ILSR or GigaByte GA-7N400 Pro motherboards? Any reviews (i.e.,Tom's
Hardware and Anandtech, etc.) seem to give the boards very glowing reports.

While in a bit of a bind last year, having to replace a motherboard at
minimal cost, I installed an ECS K7S5A. It had many horrible reviews and bad
press, but I have been satisfied with it performance. Not stellar, but
dependable. I am wondering if the true story with the nForce2 boards might
be similar. Some problems but a majority of satisfied users.

Thanks for any input.

Jim Maki