From:
David Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 00:56:09 -0400
1.)  Windows NT cannot be installed on top of UNIX.  Windows NT
supports Intel and Alpha servers, so you must have one of the two if
you wish to install NT (i.e. NT will not install on the IBM server).

2.)  Have used X-Windows, it is a good GUI but you still have to setup
UNIX which means that you will have to learn UNIX inside and out
(especially if you are taking care of the servers).  However, once the
GUI is set up, all you will have to do is provide support for your
users.

3.)  I have no experience with Wyse50 Terminals....

If you can replace the terminals, then you should purchase new
computers (i.e. Pentium II PCs) for your users.  You have to remember
that the Year 2000 is coming up quite quickly and you should ensure
that all of your equipment and software is Y2K compliant.  Also, my
understanding is that Netware 3.12 is not Y2K compliant, so you will
either have to upgrade to version 4.x (not sure of the exact version)
or replace the Netware server with NT.

Good Luck,

David Hart, MCP

                            The NOSPIN Group