From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 01:30:09 -0500
Thanks Gary, Glen and Jun Qian for your feedback to my query. Your
collective experience and valued judgment assure me that this SCSI card is
a suitable choice. I have used Tekram motherboards in the past and their
quality to value performance is very good. Discounted Tekram 390F retail
kits go for about $65.00.

Research on the Internet uncovers opinions that the Tekram 390F is
comparable to the AHA-2940 but without the great Adaptec utilities; that it
is functionally equivalent to the Fireport (similar chipset); and that one
must be careful in the choice of drivers in complex and technical uses.

I personally use and like the AHA-2940 but the budget has a $1000 ceiling
and I require from six to 12 units. The Tekram seems like the ticket.

I appreciate the help.

Kindest regards,

John Chin

> From: "Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
> I have used the Tekram 390 card in a Netware 3.12 server,
> an NT exchange server, Win98se . . . .
> Very versatile and there's a BIOS flash that is less
> than 6 months old available. . .

> From: Glen Sagers <[log in to unmask]>
> I have the DC-390 (not F), and have loved the card. . . .

> From: Jun Qian
> Tekram card is cheap, but in my opinion, not a bad card. . . .

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com