From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 11:18:54 -0700
On 19 May 99, at 17:21, Roberto Safora wrote:

> In our office we have a LAN. Two hubs are joined through coax. 10 users
> are connected to a 16 ports hub and 3 users are connected to a 8 ports hub.

  This sounds fine.  What protocols are you using, and are they all running the
same OS?

> I use win98 winpopup to exchage short messages.

  While Winpopup is kind of a kludge inherited from Lan Manager, this is what
it was designed to do.  Sounds fine.

> I have noticed that while sending a message to other user the PC is not
> able to do anything else. Is that OK?

  It's clearly not preferable, but I can easily imagine that it might be
implemented this way.  How serious is this problem?

> Why doesnt it take the same time sending the same message to different
> users?

  The "not able to do anything else" suggests that the program has to wait
for confirmation that the other PC has received the message.  If the other PC
was working on something else, it may take a few moments before it is ready
to receive and acknowledge the message.  [Have I understood your question
correctly?]

David G