From:
"gary r. tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 22:02:25 -0800
  Sudden reboots are most often caused by over-heating or improper voltage
to the board and/or CPU.

I might theorize that the new CDR has created more heat in your case or the
cables attached to the device have blocked cooling to your CPU fan.  Try
running the machine with the CDR connected and the cover to the computer off
for a while and see if that solves the problem.  If it does, you may have
been blocking the CPU fan with the i/o cable.

gary r. tennesen

> I've been having problems with my system rebooting at random times
> recently. I'm not really sure, but it seems to be connected to the CD-RW
> drive I installed a few weeks ago. The unit is an Acer CRW-6206A recently
> on sale at CompUSA. The unit is currently disconnected and no reboots
have...

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com