From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:08:44 -0400
Thanks for the very good explanation of this function.  I have one of the
newer ATX boards with Windows 98 installed so it should "Power off"
automatically.  When I first installed Windows 98, the power off function
did work when I did the Start -> Shutdown. After installing other software
and doing other initial setup changes, the function has stopped working.  I
think that during this time, I probably changed some of the APM settings
somewhere (BIOS, Windows???) that caused the problem.  Where should I look
and what should I change to get the Power Off function working again?

Doug

> >From: Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]

> > I think this relates to my question on PCSOFT about Windows 98 doing the
> > power off rather than display the "It is now Safe to Shutdown Your
> > Computer" message.
> >
> > How does Windows 98 "know" that the computer is of the ATX form factor?

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>