From:
Gorden McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:04:59 -0500
Hi Larry
An answer would depend a lot on the software you are using.
Example If you have CALL WAITING you would need to tell the MODEM in
Control Panel to disable call waiting with a *70 (for tone dial) or 1170
(for pulse dial).
Now if you are using something like AOL you will also have to disable call
waiting in the Modem Setup software of AOL (Using the same *70 ect)

Hope this helps
Later
Gordon

Bob Wright wrote:
> S0=0         (this is Szero=zero)
>
> This is an 'S' register and it tells your modem to answer the phone on
> whatever ring is listed, in this case it is set to zero or does not
> answer.
>

> rAt 01:30 PM 9/27/98 , you wrote:
> >Hello, I have a Cardinal 28.8 v.34-vfc data fax modem. The problem is
> that
> >every time that I am on the computer an someone calls it picks it up
> with
> >a fax tone. I tried to disable the modem from device manger but it
> stills

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**