From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 00:25:45 -0400
Sorry again for the typo in the subject...
Should have been NetBT.
I got an answer on another list and wanted to share it here...
(Newest listed first.)

Thanks Andy,
I finally narrowed the question down to where you could
point me in the right direction. <grin>

It was marked Disabled!!!!!!  Logs show it might have
been that way since 2003. (???)

I marked it "System" to match a machine that works
and manually started it.
I also manually (this time) started DHCP Client since this
is what I really wanted running in the first place, and was
the problem that lead me to the others.

The "broken computer" connected to the Internet instantly
and actually runs slightly faster than mine there, (which was
what I expected all along since it is a clean mean machine...)

                               Rick Glazier

From: An answer on another list.

> This "service" (NetBT) is hidden in a place most folks probably
wouldn't bother looking in. <vbg> It is actually listed as a "driver/service".
In Device Manager, click on "Show hidden devices" listed under the
View menu item. Then expand the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
You should have a NetBios over TCP/IP driver listed. Hopefully it does
not have an exclamation mark on it. Right click on it and select properties.
That should tell you a bit more about the driver/service. The actual file is
NetBT.sys located at \Windows\System32\drivers.

From: "Richard Glazier"