From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:47:27 -0400
I like Ian's suggestion and would follow it.  I will add that my office
furniture supplier installs fans into the cabinets, mounted near the top on
the faux wood rear panels as exhaust, and they cut intake openings into the
bottom edges.  If necessary, you can add a little duct work to the intakes
to make sure your getting complete air exchange, and not just a little air
turbulance along the back panel. Or, if the cabinet door is not tight, make
the back intake holes small enough so the fans pull some of the air through
the door frame.  The fans they use are standard 12 volt pc case fans, with a
basic Radio Shack voltage adapter, in place of the pc power supply, to
convert house current.
Tom Turak