From:
Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 23:33:47 -0600
Hello to all

I have a used motherboard that I am having a strange problem with.  I took
this functioning board out of a machine during an upgrade, so I am 98%
certain that it should work fine.  However......

I have put the motherboard, P-75 processor and original memory into another
case.  I have a new 1.44 mb floppy drive attached and an old 540 meg HDD.
When the machine starts, the POST goes fine.  The floppy drive is polled and
the display shows the appropriate information for this machine.  However the
machine just never goes any further in the bootup process.  I have tried
resetting the bios to boot from floppy and from the HDD. Neither disk is
accessed after the original polling of the drives.

I would appreciate any ideas people may have as to how to correct this
problem.

TIA

Mike Buraczewski

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: