From:
Brighteyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:55:13 -0800
Hello all,
I just recently installed Windows 2000 Pro on my home computer.
Please keep in mind that I have no clue how to really run this yet as I have
never worked on an NT machine ever.
I had Windows 98SE and before that Windows 98 First Edition. Thats all and
have only had puters for 3 years now.
Meaning I am not that computer literate. I know a little but thats is all.

So the problem is no matter what new drivers I put in, everying is now going
to IRQ 9.
Including my Video Card which is a 3DFX Voodoo 3-3000 AGP no TV. It has its
own AGP slot and that
should not be going in 9 and neither should my sound card.
I went to Device manager to each place where the resources are and all the
areas where you can usually change them
are faded out and locked solid. I cannot change these manually there at all.
:-(

I made no changes to the motherboard when I set this up at all. I did a
clean install of this also. Nothing left over from
Windows 98 SE.
Now when I put 98SE in, this did not happen at all, and all went to their
little places as they should have.
But not with this Program.
I am sending you the list of what the IRQ's are so you can see what it is
doing and I will give you the specs on my computer also.
I installed SP2 with this and all the updates etc.
I did the new 4in1 Drivers. I put all the new updates for drivers on here.
You name it I updated it LOL.
Not everything at Windows update did I install. I did not do the new IE6 or
the Windows Media Player and things like that.
Just the critical stuff and the SP2 and the New Drivers they had if I didnt.
So that is the scoop. I sure hope someone can help before this thing crashes
on me.
Best Regards,
Sue Dobbs

Well..............Windows 2000Pro
Motherboard is ASUS A7V Chipset is VIA VT8363 VIA Apollo KT133 system
controller
VIA VT82C686A PCIset
Video Card 3DFX Voodoo 3-3000 AGP without TV
and its in an AGP slot
Sound Card  Turtle Beach/Voyetra Santa Cruz
CDROM is an ASUS S500A
CDRW Plextor Plexwriter 12/10/32A
Processor AMD ATHLON Thunderbird 700MHz
Ram Crucial Micron CAS3 two sticks totally 512 MGs of Ram
Modem Com3 56kHCI  V90 etc etc Internal LOL New Drivers for that also.
Monitor Mag-Innovision 810FD

System Information report written at: 01/14/2002 08:30:32 PM
[IRQs]

IRQ Number Device
9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
9 3dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo Series Driver
9 VIA USB Universal Host Controller
9 VIA USB Universal Host Controller
9 U.S. Robotics 56K Fax PCI #2
9 Santa Cruz(tm)
9 Win2000 Promise Ultra100 (tm) IDE Controller (PDC20265)
8 System CMOS/real time clock
13 Numeric data processor
6 Standard floppy disk controller
4 Communications Port (COM1)
1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
12 Logitech-compatible Mouse PS/2
14 Primary IDE Channel
15 Secondary IDE Channel

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: