From:
Gareth Cranny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 23:53:52 -0500
Running the same board, but with a Duron 600@ 950Mhz.  No big delays, power
to OS in about 18 seconds.  system is as follows :

KT7 RAID
256MB Siemens CAS2 133mhz
30.7GB IBM 75GXP ATA100
Voodoo3 3000AGP
Sony Spressa 10X4X32
D-Link DFE-530

Have you tried going into the High point Bios (ctrl-h) and auto detecting
the drive again? Are the jumpers set correctly as master, or is it
defaulting to Cable select?

Cheers

Gareth

> Brand new system, just built it.
> Abit KT7 RAID
> 1Gig Thunderbird
> 256M pc133 Crucial RAM
> 30G WD Caviar HD
>
> During bootup, the DOS screen IDE channels 1&2 go so fast I can barely see
> it (When it identifies my drives.)
> Then, it goes to the RAID portion(IDE 3&4). This takes an extremely long
> time, 30 seconds or more. It makes you think it is locked up.
> It does correctly identify my HD on IDE 3 master, and list the other three
> as not installed.
> That is all I have at this time. I only got the RAID version for the
ATA100
> to go with my WD Caviar.
> After this, another DOS screen comes up with "verifying DMI Pool". This
take
> about the same length of time.
> With a 1Gig Tbird, is this delay normal? I had thought it would boot up
much
> faster.
> Once it get's past DMI Pool, all is fast. Win98SE come up faster than
WinME
> ever did on old system.
>
> Also, here is a TRUE story regarding my brand new system: FTL
> http://www.cpu-central.com/wwwboard/msg.asp?id=33531

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com