From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 14:06:53 -0700
> I have a machine that originally would not allow a
> fresh install of Win95/98. Each time the machine
> began to copy the windows files it would reboot.
> While trying to trace the problem (removed ram,
> etc.) it has somehow changed and now when it starts
> to boot from floppy it reboots. The power supply
> seems somewhat suspect (slow running fan, noise).
> Would this cause this or are there any other ideas?
> Thanks.

     Yes most definately, a bad power supply would produce the type of
symptoms you are getting. The fan in supplies is usually powered by the
supply itself, if the fan sounds slow the supply could very well be
gone. I recommend you swap the supply and see if that works. What you
describe probably means that eventually the system won't even turn on.
Good luck, TTYL