Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:20:52 -0400
"So here's where I stand:  dsl modem works; cabling works; router works;
Nic card works.  Can't see other comps nor connect to internet thru
router.  Did hard reset of router (pushed reset button until diag lite
turned on then off). Still no progress.

Any more ideas?  I'm at a loss.  Is there something in the 2.4's
configuration that is amiss?  I've compared TCP and connection settings
amongst all and they are the same."

I have two more ideas...
1. Check how the network card in the wayward machine is set up for
speed. In XP, go to network properties for the local area connection,
click on the Configure button that lies below the name of the network
card, click on the advanced tab, then click on Link Speed and Duplex in
the list that appears. It is probably set to auto detect. Change that to
a lower value (like 10Mbps full duplex). Ok out the dialog boxes. You
shouldn't have to reboot, but that can help. Try a couple of different
choices...

2. Do you have a firewall running on the 2.4? Turn it off, then see if
you can connect to the network. Norton's brand doesn't even warn you
that it has detected something - it just shuts the access down.

HTH!

Best, Will Stephenson
mailto:[log in to unmask]

                     visit our download web page at: